Keeping personal data of individuals (“data subjects”) secure is a top priority for all of us at Fitology Sdn Bhd, (“Fitology”). We hope this Notice helps you understand how we handle the personal data about data subjects that we collect and how data subjects can control our disclosure of such data.
Fitology is subject to the Data Protection Principles under the Malaysian Personal Data Protection Act 2010 and this Notice seeks to outline how we intend to deliver all the rights and protections data subjects are entitled to.
You Have Choices
You have the opportunity to make choices. As you consider this, we encourage you to make choices that enable us to provide you with high quality products and services that help you meet your needs and objectives.
Security of Personal Information
The security of personal data about you is our priority. We protect this data by maintaining physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards that meet or exceed applicable law. We train our employees in the proper handling of personal data. When we use other parties to provide services to you, we require them to protect the confidentiality of personal data they receive.
Categories of personal data we collect and hold
The nature of the personal data we collect, and where it comes from, will vary according to the specific product and service, and may include:
- personal data we collect from data subjects on application or other forms, such as name, address, email address, telephone/mobile number
- personal data about your transactions with us, our affiliates, or third parties The purposes for collecting your personal data The purposes for which personal data is collected and further processed depends on the nature of your relationship with us and/or our affiliates.Your personal data may be used for the following purposes by us and/or our affiliates:
- to establish a relationship with you
- for sharing of promotional offers and marketing materials
- for data processing purposes
- to respond to enquiries from customers
- to understand customers’ needs and offering products and services to meet those needs
- for research and development of products and services for customers’ use
- to meet legal and regulatory requirements
- for such other purposes as permitted by applicable law or with your consent Disclosure of your personal data Your personal data will be kept confidential but such personal data may be provided to the following categories of parties for the purposes set out above:-
- – to any of our affiliates in and outside of Malaysia;
- – to any agent, contractor, service provider, communications we or our affiliates may use inconnection with us or our affiliates’ business;
- – to such parties as may be permitted under Malaysian law.Your personal data may be stored or transferred to our affiliates in locations and systems outside Malaysia subject to appropriate controls over information security.In this Notice, “our affiliate” means Fitology and each legal entity that is engaged by Fitology, whether directly or indirectly.
Complaints and Disputes
If you have reason to believe that we have breached the principles set out in this Notice, we urge you to raise this with us. To make this easier, you may send us your request or concern to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will investigate all complaints and you will receive a response within 21 days.
You have rights under the Personal Data Protection Act 2010 to make a data access request in respect of personal data an organization holds about you. We want to make this as simple as possible for you. You may send us your request for this purpose.
To help us locate and provide the information you request, we would ask that you be specific about the information you require, and send us your request.
We will need to validate the identity of anyone making an access request, to ensure that we do not provide your information to anyone who does not have the right to that information.
Where a data subject establishes that the personal data we hold on them is not accurate, complete or up-to-date we will correct our records as necessary.
We may charge you an administration fee for providing access in accordance with your request. Your request will receive a response within 21 days.
Your Privacy Preferences and How to Contact Us:
Please remember that we will protect your personal data regardless of your privacy preferences. If:
(a) you wish to find out more information, or raise any specific or general concerns about Fitology and this Notice; or
(b) you do not wish us or other parties to communicate marketing offers to you, you may:-
- email us at email@example.com; or
- write to us. Please address the letter to:
The Manager (PDPA) Fitology
9 Jalan Riong
Bangsar, 59100 Kuala Lumpur